There could be any number of reasons for your Helix Board or Firefly not to communicate with your Mac. There are a few things that can be done to try and fix this problem, however.
- Shut down the computer.
- Disconnect all FireWire devices and all other cables, except the keyboard and mouse cable(s).
- Disconnect the computer from the power outlet and wait for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Plug the computer back in and turn it on.
- Reconnect the FireWire device(s) (one at a time if there is more than one) and test. Test with each FireWire port if you have more than one.
- Unplug the device.
- Go in Apple System Profiler under Hardware & FireWire and refresh the screen with the APPLE+R key.
- Plug device back in and refresh the screen with APPLE+R key.
- Reconnect your FireWire device.