Knowledgebase: Audio Interfaces
Difference between using a y-cable and a FireWire/USB interface to record?
Posted by Rick Shao on 16 November 2015 08:05 AM

The difference between using the USB or FireWire interface and using the line-in jack on your sound card is, in essence, that you are able to get digital audio from the mixer when you get the audio from USB port; if you use the line in, then its simply analog. Digital is less susceptible to interference, and in the case of FireWire and USB 2.0 can offer multi-track capabilities.

(0 vote(s))
Not helpful

Comments (0)
Post a new comment
Full Name:
Help Desk by Phonic