In order to install the PAA2 or PAA3 software on a Mac running OS X please follow these steps:
- Obtain a copy of Microsoft Virtual PC for Mac. If you're using the PAA2, you will also need a USB to serial adapter.
- Install Microsoft Virtual PC for Mac (the PAA2 and PAA3 has been confirmed to operate with Version 7).
- Open Virtual PC mode and install the software on the CD that came with the PAA2/PAA3.
- If using the PAA2, install the Mac OS driver for the USB to serial adapter in the Mac OS application folder. Then connect the USB to serial adapter between the PAA2 and the Mac (Keyspan's High-Speed USB to Serial Adapter, part number USA-19HS, was confirmed to work).
- Open Virtual PC on the Mac and then open the PAA2/PAA3 software.
Bootcamp running Windows XP is also a reasonable solution to using the software on a Mac.